Pages

Friday 13 August 2010

Confessions of a serial liar

Covering up a lie leads to hundred more

so goes my childhood lesson


It found it's place in my heart's core

Expanding the horizons of my mind

adoloscensce gave me a friend "reason"

as my childhood slowly vanished in the trend


defiance of rules

confusing thoughts

Suddenly new world embarrassed my old habits

Love or is that lust?

or infatuation at its best?

Awareness of beauty improved within me


In that beautiful phase

to impress others, I chose

'sweet lie' as a fashion

first divergence of my old "Lesson"


That's only the start of the matters

my friend "reason" as a guide he stood

Sharing every moment of youthful years

and taking me to coveted adulthood


I started the race

to reach the summit

to save and earn surplus

to secure social status

never caring to look back


Each step of this is a challenge

a hurdle, a road block and a maze

Always this "lie" , the catalyst of change

with it even the failures can be shrouded as success


So the more I started to lie,

in a beautiful veil called "reason"

the more it became a habbit

and a self inflicted treason


One day I stopped to see

how far I reached in the sojourn

God !! I could'nt find me

or the race or the charms, am alone

All my life implied simply

that I ran a race that had in it none



The fault is not of the "reason "

but mine is faulty reasoning

I used it, as my ease dictated,

never caring what it truly stated.


The masks I wore, the lies I told

The truths I snubbed, taught me a lesson

it is so old and also long told

but to say this again my life has valid reason

that telling one lie demands hundred more and...

perhaps many more!

( started this small , but it became this large  :-))  )

No comments:

Post a Comment